2014 New Belgium Kickball Klassic
What is the New Belgium Kickball Klassic?
- The New Belgium Kickball Klassic is a 2 day, 24 team, double elimination co-ed kickball tournament in Steamboat Springs. Teams from around the state join in the fun throughout the weekend.
- Each team will play at least one game on Friday and at least on one on Saturday. Once you lose, you keep on playing, so winning is key!
- There will be food vendors on hand, but make sure to bring some cash if you plan on buying food.
- Booze is not sold at the tournament and we are not responsible for players bringing in containers. No glass is allowed.
- Pets are allowed at the tournament, but must stay on a leash, out of the dugout, and off the field at all times.
When is the New Belgium Kickball Klassic?
- Friday, September 5th – Saturday, September 6th
How many teams are in the Kickball Klassic?
- The Kickball Klassic is a 32 team double elimination tournament. Sign up is first come first served and once the tournament is full no more teams will be accepted. We will start a waitlist one the team spots fill up, but there are no guarantees on the wait list.
What are the team requirements?
- There can be up to 11 players in the field, and at least 5 must be female. If you are only able to field 4 women, you will only be able to field 5 men, making the total defensive players you will have on the field 9. Teams can have no more than 16 players. Only 16 t-shirts will be ordered.
- All team members must sign a waiver before playing in the tournament and if a team member is caught without a waiver your team will forfeit the game.
How do I register a team?
- Registration opens up on July 21st at 10am MST
- Registration is first come, first served. Once registered, no refunds will be given, but you can transfer your team to another person if you cannot make the tournament and that team will pay you back.
- When registering you will register your team name and pick your t-shirt color. You will also fill in t-shirt sizes for up to 16 players. Inappropriate team names will not be accepted.
What time does the tournament start/end?
- The tournament will kick off on Friday afternoon at 4:00pm and will play through the 10pm hour under the lights. Play will begin on Saturday morning at 10:00am and we will play through the 8pm hour to name a winner.
- All teams must show up at least 30 minutes before their first game and 15 minutes before other games.
How will the start times be drawn?
- We will draw start times at random. There will be teams who start games at 4:oo, 5:oo, 6:oo, 7:oo, and 8:oo pm. Unfortunately we cannot move your start time. If you choose not to make your first game, your team will forfeit that game. We also cannot give anyone special treatment on start times. Everything will be drawn at random.
How long are games?
- Games are five innings or 50 minutes.
Where does the Kickball Klassic take place?
- Howelson Hill Athletic Fields in downtown Steamboat Springs. Once it gets dark, the tournament will only use two of the fields because of lighting improvements through the city.
How can I guarantee my t-shirt color?
- We are not reserving t-shirt colors for teams in advance this year. When you register and pay your team fees you can then pick your t-shirt color and give us your t-shirt sizes. Once t-shirt sizes are in, they cannot be changed.
Do all my teammates have to wear the official Kickball Klassic t-shirt in games?
- Yes, all team members must have on a KK t-shirt during play. No exceptions!
Is there a team captains meeting?
- There will be a team captains meeting the week of the event. The event director will be in touch with all team captains regarding this meeting. If your team captain cannot make the meeting, please send another player to attend. All team captains MUST be at this meeting because some things have changed this year and we must go over them. You will also get your team packets and team t-shirts at this meeting.
- If you are from out of town, please email [email protected] and we will cover the rules or set up a time to meet.
Email John at [email protected]