6 Colorado restaurants ranked among 100 best
DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL – From potato gnocchi and peppadew poppers, to duck heart tapenade and tandoori chicken, the six Colorado restaurants on OpenTable’s new 100 best restaurants for foodies have a lot to serve up.
The list — compiled by OpenTable, the online restaurant reservation site owned by Norwalk, Connecticut-based Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN) — showcases “new and established restaurants in some of the nation’s most rapidly growing dining destinations.”
The 100 restaurants on the list from 22 states and the District of Columbia were chosen based on 5 million reviews submitted by OpenTable diners for 20,000 restaurants.
Colorado, with six restaurants on the list, was tied with both Illinois and Pennsylvania in the sixth spot for having the most eateries. New York had 12, California had 11, and Texas had nine. Minnesota and Massachusetts both had eight each.
More newer restaurants were on the list than older ones, with 25 percent having opened in 2015 and the majority opening within the last five years.
The six Colorado restaurants on the list are:
- Acorn at 3350 Brighton Blvd in Denver. Acorn serves”eclectic, contemporary American cooking.”
- Blackbelly Market at 1606 Conestoga St. in Boulder. Blackbelly Market is alocally-sourced organic restaurant.
- The Kitchen at 1039 Pearl St. in Boulder. The Kitchen is a community bistro serving locally-sourced food.
- Ophelia’s at 1215 20th St. in Denver. Ophelia’s serves American food and often has live performances.
- The Plimoth at 2335 28th Ave. in Denver. The Plimoth serves French and Italian fusion.
- The Populist at 3163 Larimer in Denver. The Populist serves”New American” small plates.
Read more at the Denver Business Journal: http://bit.ly/1ih6E2d