TC Race Postponed
As you may have heard, the race scheduled for today, May 29th, has been POSTPONED to next Wednesday June 5th.
This is based on the moisture we have received, wet forecast, and the impact/race conditions this has created. While this is not preferred our goal is to respect the trails in Steamboat and make decisions as needed. The race markings are up (except the turn from Prayer Flag Road left onto MGM…as well as a few youth markings around the rodeo grounds) and the course will be available for “pre-rides” until the race on June 5th. PLEASE RESPECT THE MOUNTAIN and stay off trails when wet. Registration for the race will be open until Tuesday June 4th.
Also, there has been a change in policy with regard to the trails and opens space on Emerald as course marking are now to be put up the day prior to a race and taken down the day after. As a general rule, you can expect courses to be marked on Tuesdays and removed on Thursdays (day prior/after race day). Obviously, this first race is an exception. COURSE MAPS will be available the Friday prior to each race on www.townchallenge.com . Many of you have utilized course markings the weekend prior to races and we apologize we will not be able to accommodate this but hope you can utilize the course maps published on Fridays.
Thanks for racing and your understanding in the postponement. Have a great week – see you on June 5th!
David R. Stevenson
City of Steamboat Springs